"Great service and friendly staff. Had a couple of appts and everything is now great"
What are Verrucas?
Small bumpy growths on the feet or hands, often with black dots on the surface, are caused by a virus that invades the skin through tiny cuts or scrapes.
Verrucas on the feet can become painful when they are in weight-bearing areas and they can be difficult to treat with over the counter treatments often failing.
- We take time to understand your existing medical conditions and medication, we’ll also undertake a diabetic suitability review.
- We’ll discuss any questions or concerns you have about potential treatments
- We will undertake a neuro-vascular assessment to measure sensation and circulation in order for us to be best informed to advise you on potential treatment options.
- We’ll take a good look at your feet and undertake a full inspection for you.
SwiftTM Microwave Treatment
We are the only the only podiatry practice in Monmouthshire offering industry leading SwiftTM microwave treatment which provides a non-intrusive, fast acting and relatively painless way of removing verrucas.
- Consists of a course of, typically, four 15-minute sessions at monthly intervals
- This course of treatment can also be used for warts on hands
- However this is not suitable for patients:
- aged 10 and under
- with metal pins, screws, plates or replacement joints below the knee
- with a compromised immune system
- who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- poor circulation or neuropathy
- fitted with a Pacemaker
- Suitable for patients where SwiftTM microwave treatment is not an option
- Single treatment lasting about an hour with two 15 minute review sessions
Cryotherapy and / or Acid-based Treatment
- Weekly treatment sessions as required
- Suitable for children aged 10 and under